Leading English Education and Resource Network
LEARN is an educational foundation supported in part by funding from the Quebec-Canada Entente for Minority Language Education that:
- offers e-learning services and support to all English school boards, private schools, community organizations and the private sector in rural and urban settings;
- supports and promotes pedagogical collaboration and innovation using information technology, and works to model best practices; and
- publishes quality learning materials to support educators who are implementing competency-based practices in the classroom.
To be a Beacon for Excellence in Education
To provide access to quality learning material, educational technology, and e-learning resources in a timely, responsive manner to the Québec English Education Community.
Leadership, Innovation, Responsiveness, Openness, Equity
In the context of best practices and coherent strategic planning:
- Cultivate a cohesive structure at LEARN in order to maximize production, delivery of resources, expertise and services such as:
- Design and develop educational resources
- Publish and print tools and resources
- Provide a venue for e-learning
- Promote the use of information and communication technology across the curriculum
- Provide opportunities through research for grassroots development and networking, linking learners and leaders.
- Foster expert groups as the driving force to initiate, promote, and support exemplary educational practice.
- Promote partnerships with key stakeholders in the educational milieu and community at large.
- Provide interactive opportunities in order to build a provincial, collaborative community.
- Engage and nurture educators as learners in their professional development and growth.
- Establish collaborative initiatives to ensure systemic coherence.